Keeping your home in good shape is important. Doing so will allow you to have a safe living environment and will maintain the value of your property, as well. One component of your home that may need replacing over time is the roof. This is a large task and one that may result in a significant expense to you. Therefore, it's ideal to know the best materials to use if you need to do this for your home.
When you're looking for a long-lasting roofing material, you may want to consider metal. It's possible for metal to last up to 75 years for some homeowners.
Listed below are additional benefits to selecting metal:
1. This material requires little if any maintenance.
2. Metal won't rot and is resistant to fires.
3. You can use metal in most any home because it's light-weight.
4. Metal is good for the environment because it's recyclable.
The average cost per square foot for metal is $3-7.50.
Many homeowners select asphalt shingles because this is one of the least expensive types of roofing materials. There are many other advantages of doing so, and these are listed below:
1. These shingles are available in many colors and styles.
2. Asphalt shingles are easy to install.
3. This material is durable and may last up to 20 years in some climates.
You can expect to pay $1-$4 for this type of roofing material.
If you want a nature looking roof, you want to consider wood shingles. These will look even more natural with age and may turn grayish colors. It's not uncommon for homeowners that have a wood house to select this material for the best look.
Listed below are additional reasons to choose wood shingles:
1. These can be painted to match your home better if necessary.
2. Wood shingles can last up to 20 years in most cases.
3. You can choose from cedar, spruce or cedar pine when selecting this type of material.
The average cost of wood shingles is $4-$7 per square foot and this will depend on the type of wood you choose.
It's important to invest the necessary time and to do your research before deciding on the roofing material that will best suit your needs. Be sure to schedule a consultation with a roofing contractor, such as those at Ziparo Brothers Construction, that can evaluate your property and make professional recommendations for you today!